How will I know if I need to file a W-2 return with my state?
1.0k views | Last modified 11/16/2020 10:28:29 AM EST | Added by 123PayStubs Team

Form W-2 must be filed with the SSA by employers and a copy of the return should be furnished to the employees. In addition to this, employers are required to file Form W-2 with the state agency based on the location of the business. 
Every state has its own requirements on filing Form W-2 with the state, and employers are also required to file a reconciliation form with the state (like Form W-3 for federal agency) if mandated.
We recommend that you check your state agency's website or speak with your accountant or bookkeeper to verify your responsibilities for W-2 state filing.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Create Pay Stub using our
Paystub Maker

Create Paystub Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

[email protected]