Do I need to file both W-2 & 1099-MISC Forms?
1.1k views | Last modified 1/12/2021 1:25:49 AM EST | Added by 123PayStubs Team

It totally depends on the types of people you’ve employed.

If you have one or more full-time employees and you’re paying them wages regularly and withheld taxes from their paychecks, you must file Form W-2 for them. The deadline to file Form W-2 and send employee copies is January 31st. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, you can file Form W-2 and send copies by the next business day.

Also, if you have independent contractors working for you and you have paid more than $600 as wages, you have to file Form 1099 for them. In this case, if you have paid the nonemployee compensation to them, you have to file Form 1099-NEC (introduced from the 2020 tax year). However, if you have paid any miscellaneous payments, you have to file Form 1099-MISC for them. Note that if you have made both nonemployee compensation and miscellaneous payments, you’ll have to file both Form 1099-NEC and 1099-MISC. Also, you should send copies of these forms to your recipients. 

Now, if you have both regular employees and independent contractors working for you, you’ll have to file Form W-2 and 1099-MISC.

And, you can file Form W-2, Form 1099-MISC, and Form 1099-NEC through 123PayStubs.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Create Pay Stub using our
Paystub Maker

Create Paystub Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

[email protected]