What is the kind of payer for Form W-2?
1.6k views |
Last modified 2/22/2023 5:34:10 AM EST |
Added by 123PayStubs Team
When you e-file Form W-2, the SSA wants to know what kind of payer you are. Choose the one that is applicable to you as mentioned below based on the form you are filing:
- Regular (Form 941) - Employer's QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return, or Form 941-SS.
- Regular (Form 944) - Employer's ANNUAL Federal Tax Return (or Form 944(SP), its Spanish-language version).
- Agricultural (Form 943) - Employer's Annual Tax Return for Agricultural Employees, and you file Form W-2 for agricultural employees.
- Household employee - You file Form W-2 for household employees, and you do not include the household employees' taxes on Form 941, 941-SS, 943, or 944.
- Military - Choose this if you are a military employer, and you file Form W-2 for members of the uniformed services.
- Medicare Government Employer - Choose this if you are the U.S., state, or local agency, and you file Form W-2 for employees subject only to Medicare tax.
- Railroad (Form CT-1) - You file Form W-2 for employees covered under the Railroad Retirement Tax Act (RRTA).
Employers can easily generate paystub for their employees using 123paystubs