What is the kind of payer for Form W-2?
2.4k views | Last modified 2/22/2023 5:34:10 AM EST | Added by 123PayStubs Team

When you e-file Form W-2, the SSA wants to know what kind of payer you are. Choose the one that is applicable to you as mentioned below based on the form you are filing:

  • Regular (Form 941) - Employer's QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return, or Form 941-SS. 
  • Regular (Form 944) - Employer's ANNUAL Federal Tax Return (or Form 944(SP), its Spanish-language version).
  • Agricultural (Form 943) - Employer's Annual Tax Return for Agricultural Employees, and you file Form W-2 for agricultural employees.
  • Household employee - You file Form W-2 for household employees, and you do not include the household employees' taxes on Form 941, 941-SS, 943, or 944.
  • Military - Choose this if you are a military employer, and you file Form W-2 for members of the uniformed services.
  • Medicare Government Employer - Choose this if you are the U.S., state, or local agency, and you file Form W-2 for employees subject only to Medicare tax.
  • Railroad (Form CT-1) - You file Form W-2 for employees covered under the Railroad Retirement Tax Act (RRTA).

Employers can easily generate paystub for their employees using 123paystubs

Was this helpful? Yes No

Create Pay Stub using our
Paystub Maker

Create Paystub Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

[email protected]