What is the kind of employer for Form W-2?
91 views |
Last modified 11/30/2020 10:36:16 AM EST |
Added by 123PayStubs Team
When you e-file Form W-2, the SSA wants to know what kind of employer you are. Choose the one that is applicable to you as mentioned below:
- State and Local Governmental Employer - Choose this if you are a state or local government or instrumentality.
- Tax-Exempt Employer - Choose this if you are a non-governmental tax-exempt section 501(c) organization.
- State and Local Tax-Exempt Employer - Choose this if you are a state or local government or instrumentality, and also, the IRS has indicated you as a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3).
- Federal Government - Choose this if you are a federal government entity or instrumentality.
- None Apply - Select this option if none of the options above are applicable to you.